"Ubi Amor Ibi Fides"

Monday, October 10, 2011

Our weekend getaway!

First things first, man boarding dogs is expensive! Not so bad with dog, but with 2 ouch! I wish they traveled better then we could have taken them, they would have loved it!

So we went to Moab for the weekend because Adam was running the Slick Rock Ultramarathon. It has 3 divisions a 50K a 50 Mile and a 100 Mile race. Adam did the 50K. This was his longest race yet, and eventually he plan son running a 100mile race. Well lets just say he ended up running a 50K which is about 31 miles plus an additional 7 because of race course changes resulting in bad signage. But he took it in stride and we all thought it was funny/cool that he ran that far! I am a super proud wife!

As  for the trip, it got off to a rough start. I have been sick all week and wasn't feeling great Friday either so we got a bit of a late start. And of course SLC was having a mini blizzard (ok not that bad, but still snow in early October!) in fact there is still snow in the mountains and people were skiing up there! So we had to drive though that, then we get to Moab around 8pm and its dark and we have to set up our tent. Luckily it wasn't raining. Oh, and I should add, on our way to Moab we hit  a bird on our window :(. Also all the hotels were booked so sick me at to deal was not happy the first day. But camping really wasn't bad. It started to rain that night and by the morning it was a mud pit! We took my CR-V although I wanted to take the new sonata to see how it did on road trips. Needless to say the pictures to follow will explain why I am glad we didn't do that.

So Adam ran his race in about 8 hours. I finally crawled out of the tent at 11am, the race had started at 7am. I spent the next four hours pacing around debating on crawling back in the tent to get my book (my boots were really muddy and everything was wet). I kept thinking the moment I did Adam would come across the finish line. Well guess what happened? Go figure haha. But I was so happy to have him back safe and that he was able to do it all ---> I am a proud wife!

That night we packed up and found a hotel in Green River about 40 miles away from Moab. The next morning I got to do something I had been dreaming about since high school, GO SKYDIVING! It was amazing! I honestly was not scared, I thought I would be, but I wasn't. It was also super cool to get to ride in a tiny little plane. There was another guy jumping at a lower altitude so we got to watch him go first. Seriously to anyone thinking about it, I highly recommend it! It was a bit cold but other then that it wasn't scary just really really cool! Before we even landed I was telling my instructor, "I will be doing this again."

Then we traveled back to home. After a great weekend full of fun. We really needed this. Now I can't wait for Adam's next race/camping adventure!

On the way

Setting up the camp

A bit muddy?

The view

Reason we are glad we didn't bring the sonata

They had to have a truck tow it out! Good thing everyone in Moab has a tow hitch!

Our tent. 


Yay he finished!

Race Kiss!

<3




Snow still in the mountains!

Skydiving pictures in the next post I promise!

No comments: