2) I won't ever say our government is run by children, that would be an insult to children.
3) Please, Please , Please, STOP calling people who don't support the military and military funding, Liberals. I am a Liberal and I think military spending is critical, as is military service. The people who don't support the military and call them murderers and so fourth, are not liberals, I don't know what they are but liberal is not the word.
4) Also, when people try to say that Islam is the religion of terrorists. Have you heard of Timmothy Mcveigh? He wasn't muslin, he was christian. Have you heard of the Crusades? Yeah Christian. Have you read the bible and seen the violence committed by "Christians". The Holocaust was not caused by Muslims. The lynching of blacks in the south? Not Muslims. Islam is the second largest religion. There are bound to be some bad apples, just as Christians have, Jews have and so fourth. Bad people don't define a religion. If Islam was a religion that preached terrorism and extremism, given the fact it is the second largest religion, there would be far more terror attacks then there currently are. I ask you to look at the LDS church verses the FLDS church as an example. The FLDS church is a group that claims to be LDS however, they are not recognized by the LDS church due to there extremist views. All major religions have extremist offshoots, sometimes they are violent or aggressive, just like "The Westboro Baptist Church". These groups are usually not formally recognized by the main religious organisation. Islam has them too. That does not mean that Islam is a violent religion.
Muhammad’s sayings clearly teach the practice of charity:
“None of you [truly] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.”
I should end this with saying if you want a really good look/intro into Understanding Islam read or listen to this. This is a talk that is also on CD and really interesting and enlightening to getting an introduction into Islam and LDS.
No comments:
Post a Comment