On thursday my grandpa took a nasty fall and ended up in the hospital with bleeding in his brain
On Friday, he passed away :(. It was so quick and sudden. I was never very close to him but I had hoped to have more time with him. I know he didn't think to highly of me but I wanted him to be proud of me so bad. I had hoped he would see me as a mature, well rounded, adult. Not the bratty teenager I was growing up. In all honesty I feel so bad for my Aunt. This is the third death in the family this year, August we lost my uncle, September we lost my Mom and now my Grandpa. I don't even want to ask how much more can a family take, because I know it could be far worse. It makes me grateful for all the family and friends I do have.
Friday also consisted of me presenting my thesis which I still have to finish this week. Adam and I also left on a Geology Club field trip to Moab for the weekend which was amazing! I am paying the price for it now however.
Today Adam got sent to the E.R at work because we were all worried he might be having an appendicitis. The doc said his white blood count is fine so they aren't sure. That gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :(. I hope he just pulled something hiking.
Also, my shoulder and neck started acting up. I get this fairly often but not always this bad. I had a horrible episode two years ago where I couldn't move at all, so I am trying to nurse it before it gets to that stage again. I will have a better idea tomorrow, and I am really hoping it gets better!
That being said, with all the insanity, I am so grateful for my family and my friends and health and all the wonderful blessings I have. On that note, I feel blessed to have Vader and Sparky sleeping quietly as I type this. I know so because Vader is snoring. Ah the joys of puppy parenting. Also they had a big moment today, Vader got on the bed and just lay down while Sparky was in bed chewing a bone. That is the first time they have been in our bed and not tried to kill each other, Yay!
Well I should go to bed, I will post Moab pictures soon.
<3 S.T
1 comment:
Aww, feel better Sara. :)
I'm sorry that so many hard things are going on in your life. You're so strong.
Post a Comment