"Ubi Amor Ibi Fides"

Monday, May 16, 2011

So I guess I owe you guys an update on my life.

So everything has been insane in the most awesome ways lately. So first lets start with Moab.

Adam and I went with Westminsters Geology club to Moab the week before finals ( yeah smart idea ). It was an awesome trip minus one factor. My hiking boots sucked! Not only did they give me a bad blister but the bottom of my left toes went numb and still are a bit tingly and the top of my left foot was very sore for the next month. Of course I was always the last one up the trails and back to the vans but Adam was an awesome support and I had a ton of fun!

So that was Moab, pretty cool! Following that we had our finals, which it apperes I passed! Since my final grades were one 'A', two 'A-', and a B- in Spanish, which I was worried I would fail. My one regret is I didn't get time to do my Sedimentology & Stratigraphy final, but I was auditing that class anyway.

So, we all know what this means.... I AM GRADUATING! HALLELUJAH! Only six years later ;). But, no really a way to make one of the worst school years into one of the best :). And now I prepare to join the ranks of the unemployed liberal arts students of the world.


On that note, April 28th Adam and I took a well deserved vacation to Hawaii! This has been a life long dream of mine and I am so glad and grateful I finally got to do it. About half way through this semester I decided screw the money, we are going! We really needed this.


In Hawaii we did a whole bunch of things, We left bright and early Saturday morning (4am to be exact) and got into Hawaii at 11:30am after a 7/8 hour flight. (Yay for time difference!) We got the day to relax and mostly sleep, then went out for a very expensive, over priced meal. We thought they said it would be 15$ each, turns out it was 115$! AHHH funny surprise for us . The next day we spent relaxing at the beach at the Royal Hawaiian hotel and roaming around town. We found the ABC store and a general store where we bought much cheaper food to keep us stocked in the day time. On Monday we went Dolphin watching / Snorkeling which was the best experience of my life! I was really afraid to go but it was so worth it! We have to go back to Hawaii so I can do some more :D. Then the next day we swam with the dolphins at sea life park which was supper awesome! I also got a lovely gift of  multiple mosquito bites, mine always swell up huge too. Then wed. we went to the Polynesian cultural center. This is an all day event ending with a luau and it was so wroth it! I had a lot of fun and we got leid ;). Then Thursday we spent the morning at Pearl Harbor, a really touching experience and got to drive through the punch bowl which I will have to go a back to. I didn't realize War Correspondent Ernie Pyle was burred there. He is one of my heroes, if you ever get a chance read one of his books. Friday we took a day trip to Hilo and Volcanoes national park, it rained the whole time and there was no lava flowing in any areas we could see but it was still pretty neat. If we ever go back to Hawaii I plan on spending a few days here. We got back late Friday night and then on Saturday we prepared to go home, since our flight wasn't till 11pm we got to spend some time at the beach but it was off and on rain all day. Still awesome though! I miss the ocean so much and the water is so blue there, and despite what Adam says, it is way warming then NJ beaches!


All in all it was a trip of a lifetime! Now we have to go back! I told Adam to start saving now!

P.S. The pictures are very out of order because Blogger is lame, and I am to lazy to fix it.


Lava Tube




Ernie Pyles grave







Oil from the USS Arizona, 60 years later and still leaking oil.






Where the document was signed to end WWII


A sea lion asleep in the water


Why did the Lava cross the road?


Professors Dave and Judy pretending to not like each other

So my face may have been a little red.

Trying to keep up with Dave's insane driving


Our tour guide, Ranger Kait!

Samantha!


I was so tempted to push Anna over.



Dinosaur foot.

Anna (the crazy one) and Jen.

Note the tiny person in the left for scale


Door to our hotel room at the Royal Hawaiian

Right as we got to the hotel, can you tell we are exhausted!

The hotel

I thought this lava pattern looked like a turtle shell


He was pretty cool, we got some for the boys in Adams family.

USS Bowfin

Thurston Lava Tube


Is it me of does this look like the Rolling Stones logo?

Mmm pretty, I thought it was a cool rock.




USS Missouri

REALLY?!

No comments: