you know the riddle and "all day long have good luck"... This seems to be the opposite with my family. we find a penny pick it up and all year long have bad luck. Ok, Ok so I have had many wonderful blessings this year from my husband to my health to amazing opportunities many take for granted (such as the chance to go to college). The fact is I have been blessed. But the other fact is life is hard and painful. This year seems to be amongst the most painful. Alot of deamons fears and trials have come fourth. I am begining to wonder how I can handle these burdens. And I realize some of these are not mine to carry but they still affect me. and honestly I am tired of carrying burdens that arent mine and yet I think its a women thing we just do it. when we see thoes we love and care about struggle (even those we hardly know) we want nothing more but to help them. when we feel helpless is the worst. even worse is when we dont know how to help ourselves, that can become scary. But I have leard there are resources and to never give up. My mom taught me a very important lesson when I was young and battling near suicidal depression (a long story). For days I wouldnt get out of bed and I missed 40 days of school one year. she told me " Just do one thing that day, even if it means putting on socks and going back to bed you did something" I have learned to take that with me and it has been a true help in trying times. there have also been two other resources that have been a help as odd as it may seem for thoes who knew me when I was 20 or younger but the Chruch has helped me so much. Mostly through music one hymn we sing has conforted me so much it is called Be Still My Soul. and it is amazing! My fav. line being "be still my sould the lord is on thy side" A good note to remember when you doubt. and one more thing a quote for Gordon B. Hinkly
“Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain.”~Gordon B. Hinckley
But seriously i am so greatful for these blessings I have been given. but I wont lie a nice relaxing vacation from this emotional year would be awesome.
thats all I have for now phew I just had to vent.
No comments:
Post a Comment