"Ubi Amor Ibi Fides"

Monday, July 18, 2011

Thank You.

So the closer it gets the harder it is to realize it has almost been a year. I am trying to plan a trip for around that time but we will see how finances are, you know with are incompetent government (dems and reps). But I am finding it harder and harder to sleep at night. I keep thinking how lucky I am though. I'm not sure if I ever shared this story but I will now.

When I was visiting my mom in August I kept asking her if she wanted me to stay to take care of her, she kept saying no. At the time Adam and I were also buying our home so we were all stressed. Then about two days before I was to go home she asked me to stay. By that point I was so stressed and just wanted to be with my husband, I was also kind of excited to get back into school since classes were starting in two weeks, if I was to stay with my mom I would have dropped out for the semester. Well, we all know I didn't drop out meaning I didn't stay.

It gets hard to think about the possibility I could have had 3 more weeks with my mom, I would have loved that more than anything. My mom was and is my best friend, and the best mom, she loved me unconditionally when I was at my worst, and that could be pretty bad. Then, I realize had I dropped out and stayed with my mom I would be far more lost than I am now.

Going back to Utah to go to school was the best choice I made, as hard as it is to say because it took me away from her in her time of need. I needed school. I know that because the people I met this year got me through this year. I really don't think I could have done it without them, whether they know it or not.

As much as I sucked at Geology, it was my favorite class with some of my favorite people, yes even Arthur (hey he is always happy how can you not like that). Thanks to taking that class I met some awesome people, who got me through the year and always cheered me on when I was doubting myself. Seriously I don't think I could have gotten through this year without that group.

Knowing that, I know I made the right choice to go back. Had I dropped out I never would have taken geology with Dave, or met Jen, Anna, Caralee, Brett or Samantha. All people I needed to get me through the year. I hate cheese and this whole post is full of it, but I am really grateful and glad for these people in my life and for when they came into my life.

Life is a really weird adventure, but as long as you can find the good things among the crap I think you will be OK.

No comments: