"Ubi Amor Ibi Fides"

Friday, January 27, 2012

Dr. Oz. OUCH!

Dr. Oz actually had a topic that kind of hit home today.
First thing was one of the last comments of a woman saying "a 28 yr old daddy not a great daddy." Umm wow a little offended. Maybe your men weren't but I can promise you Adam is going to be a Rock Star Dad! Honestly, I couldn't have picked a better man for the job. I won't lie that was one of the things I looked at when we were dating, how would he be as a daddy. All I can say, is I hope our little dude is just like him looks and personality. <3

On to the topic of the day, it was on older moms and its risks and benefits. I am the child of older parents although not the oldest. And as a result I won't lie I am somewhat on the fence. I think its key to know your self know your energy levels and take into consideration how old you will be when your child is 20/25 and still living at home. Do you want to be 60 with an 18 year old, will you have the strength and energy to run around chasing them at 40 or 50 or even 60? It varies woman to woman and parent to parent but I can tell you growing up there were definitely times I wished my parents had been younger and had more energy.

I also think it is really important to understand your body as well. Understand that your body may look and feel young but your eggs are not necessarily getting that message. Look I am not saying being an older parent is bad. Not at all. I loved mine they were awesome but I am asking people to understand the life cycles of there bodies not just the skin on the outside but the inside as well. And to think about what is best for you, are you high energy while young? Or are you constantly taking naps. And what can you do to change your energy levels (like yoga or healthy eating) so that if you want to be an older parent you can still run around.

Just food for thought.

No comments: