"Ubi Amor Ibi Fides"

Friday, January 13, 2012

I am just going to say it as the wife of a Marine

As a wife of a Marine I am completely ashamed by the actions of the men in the video urinating on bodies. I fully believe these boys do not deserve to be called men or Marines. Thousands of Marines are put on the front lines and see the worst, see there friends hurt, killed and worse. They get shot at and taunted daily and you know what? They respond like MEN, Marines, not little children. They choose to take the higher road and not taunt dead bodies or beat the prisoners. We as Americans are consistently saying we are the best, yet the actions of a few boys, in the rest of the world are failing to show this. These boys, do not deserve the title Marine, they do not hold or represent the standard. They put there brothers who do hold these standards to shame.


I DON'T CARE, that you say its PTSD or what ever bull crap, while PTSD is a legit issue, it is not the cause of this. This is the cause of a few immature boys. I stand by this because like previously mentioned, thousands of men have served on the front and DO NOT respond like this. Many if not 90% of those men on the front will and do suffer some form of PTSD and do not do this.


And when all else is said and done, boys will be boys and men under pressure will do dumb things. But seriously, to video tape it? How did you pass the ASVAB?! Oh wait, they don't have a moron portion. Seriously, not that I am at all OK with there actions, but the video taping it part is the icing on the cake. You are not only asking for trouble, you are demanding it. And I just hope these men do not get to call themselves Marines any longer because they are a shame to men like my husband and my friends.


I am proud of my husband and the men he served with for taking the higher road. For proving themselves real men, real Marines, real hero's. A Marine is another word for a hero, these boys are not a hero by any standard. I would not want my children looking up to them


Ok rant over.




1 comment:

Kirsten said...

It really is appalling! Nicely put!