"Ubi Amor Ibi Fides"

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Banning Soda larger than 16oz in NYC... What is wrong with this plan?

OK lets count the MANY things wrong with this. 
A) diet soda is just as bad for you and your body processes fake sugar just as if it was real not to mention the chemicals, 
B) Vitamin water is no better for you than soda, it is consistently on do not drink lists 
C) When someone says we are free to choose what we want to drink, yes you are, but unfortunately my tax dollars are not free to choose when I have to pay your hospital bill for heart problems and obesity. 
D) You really can't make it through a three hour movie without a giant soda you have more problems then soda addiction,
 E) Soda actually increases the desire for thirst than quench it.... 


Should I keep going? And yes I am writing this as I am sipping my big gulp. Although I am against raising prices of Soda in NYC, food in general there is already ridiculous. Well I am not opposed to Bloombergs idea, how about we educate people first before taking away there choices, although you can always get another soda and probably a free refill, aka problem not solved. A better way to solve the soda problem may be to put out advertisements showing what the chemicals in soda do to you, and what laziness does to you instead of just banning soda without educating people as to why.



No comments: