"Ubi Amor Ibi Fides"

Thursday, March 18, 2010

So I am going to say it...Beware this is a RANT

And I will probably get a lot of flak for it. But
"If supporting a Government health care plan makes me a socialist then heck I am proud to be a socialist. Besides what do you think the law of consecration is essentially?"


The law of consecration is that we consecrate our time, our talents, and our money and property to the cause of the Church. Now if we give the church all that we have and get back only that which we need, is that not similar to what we refer to as communism? That evil thing Glenn Beck constantly talks about? How is that different? because it is for God? We cant give all that we have to our government or even sacrifice a bit to help people, our lords children, have proper health care? The government isn't asking for everything only a bit more so we can take care of heavenly fathers children. Now I (my husband and I), who only makes a small salary would be far willing to support that. I mean if you make a million dollars a year (dare I say even 500,000)there is NO excuse to not be able to pay your taxes or pay a bit more. If you can't afford to do that you are obviously living well outside your means. Our health and the health of thoes around us is far more important than that RV sitting in your drive way, or that mega screen TV or any other materialistic item you could buy.

Now I am lucky, I have the church to support me in times of need, but they cant support everyone. Should we not remember those that are not members as well?  Those that don't have access to welfare square? Those that cant afford health insurance because of preexisting conditions such as childhood cancer. Those that have had to file bankruptcy because of medical issues even when they had health insurance?  A little sacrifice in our salary is not going to hurt us (like I said if it is you need to check how you are balancing your income) and it will help someone in need. That is a larger reward then any item you could buy. And imagine maybe one day the person it would be helping would be you or your children!

Yeah I support some sort of Government Health care and there is my rant.

No comments: