"Ubi Amor Ibi Fides"

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet.

So if you have read this blog you can tell I have an emotional passion for politics. It is a passion of mine I try to avoid. I often say I became a history major instead of a political science major so I wouldn't spend my life angry. I will be the first to admit I get too emotionaly involved in politics. But sometimes it really gets to me. Today in class we were discussing the current health care bill that was passed. I of course spoke up. As usual I was jumpy in what I said and all over the place. The thing is I get really nervous when talking in public areas, I am ok one on one when I can take time to explain myself. But yeah I felt like as usual I made a total fool of myself. I left that class like I do many days wishing I had kept my mouth shut. I hate that feeling. I honestly feel really stupid when talking about my political views. Some girl asked a very good question to me today in class. I was saying how I get so annoyed people who claim to be good Christians explain there reason for not wanting the health care bill is because they don't want to pay for it,  that they worked hard for that money that they should keep it. I honestly feel as a good christian you would sacrifice a bit for the greater good of the people. I find it hard to call yourself a christian and not want to take care of others, even strangers. Jesus sacrificed all he had for our salvation and we cant sacrifice a few dollars? Well this girl asked, how I felt about people who weren't Christians not supporting health care. Very good question, I never really thought about it. In all honesty I think its just a part of being a good person, not necessarily a christian. But yes I do get more annoyed when its "Christians" because one of our basic principals is to help the needy and to not judge.  By saying toes without health care don't work hard enough (ie not working 2 jobs) and that they want to keep the money they make for there toys, they are not helping the needy and they are judging.  Well anyway I could go on forever on health care, that's not the point. the point is I HATE feeling like a fool when I share my opinion. I wish I could stand stronger for what I believe in. I wish I wouldn't second guess myself. I mean driving home from class I wanted to cry that's how insecure I felt. I wish I didn't feel like all eyes in the class were looking at me like I was a total ignorant fool. I promise I am not as dumb as I sometimes look, I just have a hard time getting emotional things out of my head in ways that make sense. Urgh! I wish I could just keep shut!

No comments: