I think sometimes when we are scared, hurt, upset, grieving, we attach ourselves to things we don't fully understand. I don't know why but for some reason that seems to be for me the death of Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson, the guys whose dog was at the funeral and laid next to the coffin. When a dog loves you that much you can tell what a great guy he was, and the fact he was a NAVY seal. But I think it has a lot to deal with the fact September is a month of loss for me. Losing my mom and dealing with the emotions of 9/11 that I don't want to deal with. September will be 1 years since my mom and 10 years since 9/11, that is a lot to deal with. I won't lie 9/11 really shook me up. For the first time I realized my mom wasn't always right (long story I will share at a later date.) and second that she couldn't always protect me. I had never been more scared in my life, my thoughts were irrational. I kept thinking they would attack our town, my school, my home. When I finally did get home all I could do was watch Nickelodeon and the Cartoon Network since they were the only two channels without news. I remember curling up in a ball praying as I was trying to sleep the day away, that I would wake up again and it would all be fake, or over and everything would be OK. I remember sleeping in the guest room because I wanted to be nearer to my parents. I never did watch any videos fully of 9/11 after that, I saw clips and videos but I brush them off refusing to think about it. Until yesterday....(To Be Continued)
On the note of Jon, I donated to the Wounded Warrior Project in his name and I suggest you do too, in his name, the name of the other lives lost, in the name of someone you know and love who has lost or suffered.
- To raise awareness and enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members.
- To help injured service members aid and assist each other.
- To provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members
No comments:
Post a Comment