On another issue I have a new goal. I want to compete in a bike race and I want my first one to be a Solider Ride. ( click for more information. ) I was inspired when I was biking today 11.80 miles, 45 min. on levels 2-11. That I really need to compete in a race. And I need to give back to something that means a lot to me. That would be veterans. I don't know why but the issue has always had a special place in my heart. For some reason this Diamond Rio song came into my head, I first heard it when my grandma passed away 5 years ago God only cries for the living
'Cause it's the living that are left to carry on
An' all the angels up in Heaven
They're not grieving because they're gone
There's a smile on their faces
'Cause they're in a better place than they've ever known
God only cries for the living
'Cause it's the living that are so far from home.
I think this song speaks to both veterans and KIA's They are up there in heaven, at home, while "we" are left struggling. Anyway my bike today inspired me. I am A) going to compete in a race and B) donate to some veterans charrities I care about int he name of a few I know and honor who have passed.
On a more happyish? note? Vader had an awesome dog training session today with how to walk around on the leash without dragging us a mile. He did really good and learned a lot. The only problem is now he is limping because he got his food tied up in the leash a couple times. We are hoping its better in the A.M. if not I will take him to the vet. He is doing so well and he is huge!
On a more happyish? note? Vader had an awesome dog training session today with how to walk around on the leash without dragging us a mile. He did really good and learned a lot. The only problem is now he is limping because he got his food tied up in the leash a couple times. We are hoping its better in the A.M. if not I will take him to the vet. He is doing so well and he is huge!
No comments:
Post a Comment