"Ubi Amor Ibi Fides"

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh the Joys of First time home owners

So were still unpacking... a figure a Box a day. Though I have been slacking. The place is coming together now of course there are the first time home owners icky moments...

1. Sparky is afraid of the neighbor dogs, not that I blame him those babies have some pipes on them!
2. He keeps chewing the pebbles back here!
3. Today we found a lovely Black Widow by our screen door...I screamed and ran away well Adam took care of it, we think.
4. Our Dishwasher (that I was so excited to have!) is broken. The amount of hard water in it is sick! I don't know how grandma did it with Bountiful/NSL hard water! Plus I don't know if there is enough room for a water softener in our furnace room (but dang it I will make it fit)... Yay more money I don't really have
5. As you know someone took my flowers (still bitter over that one)
6. The Desk we wanted that we had to drive all over Utah to find, and we finally found, was broken once we got it home and we had to buy another Desk at Ikea thats just eh.



 Im sure I could come up with a million things like the fact Adam does the heavy lifting but has hardly helped unpack a thing.. Then again its prob for the better since I would just tell him he put things in the wrong spot. But now I have spent the last week trying to fix the Dishwasher only to figure its broken so I am a little Grumpy Butt right now. Plus I am so behind on school. Ah well Good things are coming right? I hope so! I will keep looking. At least we have our own place and minus the mess its beautiful.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Sara-- oh my! Sounds like a rough week. I don't know what to say about the dishwasher. It was working when we left it,but never left the dishes squeaky clear because of the hard water issue. Sorry about that one. As for the neighbor dogs-- I would call Elvie and make a complaint if it gets to be too much. As a prior board member I can tell you this-- it wouldn't be their first dog complaint. I'm sure you've met the neighbors, but sherri in 15 is super nice. I wouldn't be surprised if she saw your flowers out there for day or two and took them in to take care of them. Just a guess. I know that pit bull is temporarily living there. It belongs to sherri's niece and they are living with her until they find a place of their own. I hope you are enjoying all of the other fun stuff that comes with moving-- I know we are ;). Good luck!

Kirsten